A closing of a chapter

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

A closing of a chapter

#1 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:53 am

As some of you may or may not remember, over the past 8 months I've posted about a guy named Brandon.  I've been in love with him for a long time now, and back in January, when we finally met in person, we kissed, and it seemed like he might have had feelings for me as well.

I moved out here to California back in June, and Brandon picked me up from the airport.  He couldn't have been ruder to me, he barely hugged me, and it was like I was wasting his time.  

Since I've been here, he has not come to see me once.  I've spent the past 2 months making excuses for his behavior, and in the meantime, been hurt repeatedly.

Then, I met this guy, Jack.  And he's a terrific guy - fun, great sense of humour (albeit a wicked one - more IA style than AGDI), and he thinks I'm wonderful.  And I happen to think he's pretty wonderful myself.  So, we've been spending time together, and I think I might consider him my boyfriend.

Anyway, I was still feeling a degree of conflicting emotions about the Brandon situation.  So, tonight, I finally flat out asked him if the kiss, and the whole evening in general, had meant anything to him.  After being very evasive for a bit, he finally admitted that it had been more of getting caught up in the emotions of the night instead of him actually having feelings for me.

And, I'm okay with that.  I think I had always known he didn't have those feelings for me, but I didn't want to admit it.  However, I had to know for a fact, because there was that small emotional element holding me back.

Now, I can focus on this next chapter in my life.  I don't know if Jack and I have a "future" per say, but I can give it a shot, and not feel like there's something unresolved holding me back.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:57 am

Good luck Steffi!!!

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#3 Post by VampD3 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:21 am

Congrats Steffi! I hope this man treats you better!  :)

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#4 Post by Swift » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:02 am

Good luck, Steffi!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Here's hoping life works out better for you now.

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#6 Post by Milan Easton » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:58 am

You know, Steffi, it's really hard when a guy behaves the way Brandon did, and then leaves it that way without really explaining what was going on. I am glad that you finally have some closure on the whole Brandon chapter.

And I'm VERY happy to hear that a new chapter has opened for you as well!  It's always an exciting time when you find someone you care about, and they return the same affections.  I wish you two a lot of fun and happiness together, getting to know one another better and having a great time in the process:)

The good news is, is when chapters do end, there are always more to continue on to.  I am glad that you got through the boring one..and have found one that is much  more action packed and interesting!!

Please keep us updated...

I'm so happy for you:)

Anonymous Game Developer #1

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#7 Post by Boogeyman » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:02 pm

I am also quite happy for you, Steffi!

As for that fool, Brandon...

Hear me, Oh powers of Klatha and Mana;
turn now Brandon into species called rana!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Moving on...

#8 Post by Brainiac » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:42 pm

I've already expressed my well-wishes to you many times, Steffi; just chiming in to say keep on following where your heart leads.

Oh, and Boogeyman...
Boogeyman, oh so many times, wrote:Hear me, Oh powers of Klatha and Mana;
turn now {someone} into species called rana!
...no offense, but I think it's about time to get a new spell.  :D

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#9 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:57 pm

Thanks Milan  (and Boogeyman, sometimes I want to turn the guy into a frog) for your words.  :)

Things with Jack are continuing to go really well.  We spend a lot of time together, and are just having a great time getting to know one another.  He's so different from anyone I've ever dated before, which adds to the fun.

I have a feeling Brandon and I always will be friends, but the degree of our closeness will probably shift.  While I do value his opinion at times, I've also learned he can be very fair-weathered, and I can't expect too much from him.

Jack is very much a "what you see is what you get" type of guy, and I like that - I find it very appealing.  It's nice to be with a guy with no pretense and not spending the entire time worrying what he's thinking.  He's going to tell you up front what's he's thinking, and although sometimes it bugs me that expects the same out of me - especially at *awkward* times - it's good to know that he cares about these things and that he's going to be honest.

so, we'll just have to keep seeing what transpires ....

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:04 am

sorry for the double post, but, well, update time ...

things between Jack and me are over, and I'm okay with that.  Basically, some things happened that I wasn't happy about, I realized that he has a bit of an issue with wanting to control me, and something happened with him that scared me - physically - and I've decided I'd be better off ending things.  He hasn't called me in several days now, and if that's how he wants to end it, fine.  

I'll find someone else who will appreciate me for who I am, damnit.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#11 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:07 am

Good for you Steffi, I'm usre you can definetly find someone better and I hope you do soon.  :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#12 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:20 am

I'm sure there's someone out there perfect for you Steffi, you never know he might just bump into you sooner than you think!!

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#13 Post by VampD3 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:04 am

Good that your strong enough to end it aswell Steffi, some women aren't.

Hope you find your perfect partner soon, but in the mean time just enjoy being single, it does have its great times!  ;)  ;)

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:00 pm

it's over ... i just ended it, i feel like crap right now, i wish i could escape but i don't have a car and it's too damn hot to go outside.  (quite literally 100 degrees)

bah.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#15 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:41 pm

*hugs*

At least it's done with now. I hate having to worry about things like that. You'll soon feel better, I'm sure. It's good that you know what you want, and you won't settle for something less.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#16 Post by Alias » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:56 pm

Oww, Sorry to hear about all this relationship confusion & complications! Image I know it it feels, when you want to try and find that right person and when you think you do it ends really badly. Take care.

btw, sorry I didn't see this topic sooner.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#17 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:45 pm

thanks, y'all, i appreciate it.  :)

i ended up going shopping yesterday after breaking up with Jack, and I'm now wearing a brand new pair of pink Chuck Taylors, and i think i like having these shoes better than having a boyfriend.

i just know i need to hold out for a guy who will make me happy, and who i feel like appreciates me for who i am, instead of trying to change me.

so, yeah ... here's to me.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#18 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:41 am

To Steffi *raisesa  goblet of a liquid others *Think* to be non alcoholic heh heh heh  :hat