Introduce myself

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

mindscout
Peasant Status

Introduce myself

#1 Post by mindscout » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Hello, I'm Martin. I am a game developer who feels very identified with the objective of this community of reviving the adventure games. I want to congratulate you for the quality of the remake of QFG2. I am a great fan of that saga.
Actually I feel so identified with the purpose of bringing back the adventures that I am doing my contribution to the cause but in a different front, the web games. A few weeks ago I started an open source called Web Adventure Kit. Which is a development kit to make adventure games in Actionscript 3 for flash (Sierra style, Lucas style, and a third modern interface). I started this project for several reasons. The first one is, I want to make adventures but with the wide spread that only the web games has. I'd like to read your feedback about it, since I can't think a better place to ask for feedback.
I look forward to come to make valuable contributions of this community.
Cheers.
Last edited by mindscout on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Introduce myself

#2 Post by DrJones » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:19 pm

I think Karen would be interested in this. :rollin

I desire you good luck. By the way, Lefticus (from the Adventure Games forum) also started an adventure game engine in actionscript, you might want to take a look at it if you want. Hasta luego, amigo! :p

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:40 pm

I personally would love that!

I'm a firm believer that adventure games are not dead, they just haven't evovled into a place where new/casual gamers can take an interest and create sales for the genre once again.

Just think back in the 80s and 90s how many new/casual gamers it actually was that bought Sierra and Lucas classics!

mindscout
Peasant Status

#4 Post by mindscout » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Angelus3K wrote:I personally would love that!
Just think back in the 80s and 90s how many new/casual gamers it actually was that bought Sierra and Lucas classics!
Absolutely. We are at the beginning of a new decade. On this ending decade several elements of art and expression of the 80s came back. I think it is very likely that the same thing happen for the 90s in the next decade .

@DrJones
I've checked the Lefticus's project (http://code.google.com/p/crategameengin) . It is pretty cool but I have another thing in my mind for this project. I'd like to make something intermediate between AGS (A whole adventure developing enviroment which is great) and Popcap Framework ( a game gramework plus a bunch of tool to make the development easier.). At least for the first milestone. My intention is that the adventure creators only has to worry about the adventure stuff, coding less as possible.

By the way, the project's link is: http://code.google.com/p/web-adventure-kit/

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#5 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 am

I wish you all the best! Would be fantastic if you pull it off. :)

mindscout
Peasant Status

WAK release

#6 Post by mindscout » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:22 am

I'd like to announce the first functional Beta of the Web Adventure Kit

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#7 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Had a quick 2 min playthrough (painting bathroom at minute) but I love it so far! That magic brush thing is ingenius!