Where is the missing page? [Spoilers]

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

KQ3FAN
Peasant Status

Where is the missing page? [Spoilers]

#1 Post by KQ3FAN » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:32 pm

I can't find it anywhere. I have cast all the spells except the cat cookie, and have all the ingredients for that. I have the pitcher of water from the poet, the mandrake, the journal from the library, but can't make further progress. A "remote place in Llewdor" just has me stumped. Any hints?

Also, I had to use the mirror on the Medusa to turn her to stone, despite trying to find a way to interact nonviolently with her. Is it possible to do anything with her other than immediately using the mirror on her?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Where is the missing page? [Spoilers]

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 pm

Look around everywhere and examine everything (I mean, actually use the eye icon on everywhere that it might be hidden).

Yes, there is another way to deal with Smaude.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 pm

As for the "remote"-part...remote means not really near where people live, so it's not near town, or near the Behr's house. Check out the surroundings of the remaining screens carefully. You'll eventually find something interesting.
Also, I had to use the mirror on the Medusa to turn her to stone, despite trying to find a way to interact nonviolently with her. Is it possible to do anything with her other than immediately using the mirror on her?
Yes, it is. She's a bitter one. Try to reach out to her.

KQ3FAN
Peasant Status

#4 Post by KQ3FAN » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks folks.

sonda8
Peasant Status

#5 Post by sonda8 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:32 am

FDSKJFDSALFLASD I still can't find it Dx. I'm guessing there's something REEEAALLLYY obvious that I'm missing.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 am

It's somewhere near the northern edge of Llewdor. Examine your surroundings closely.

hanakogames
Peasant Status

#7 Post by hanakogames » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:38 am

It's quite well hidden. Someone might have wanted to be very sure a wizard didn't spot it.

The page is inside a thing which is inside another thing. You won't see a page lying around anywhere. Look for places to hide things instead.

sonda8
Peasant Status

#8 Post by sonda8 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:45 am

Finally found it! :D Thanks everyone!

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Nightfall1121 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 am

hanakogames wrote:It's quite well hidden. Someone might have wanted to be very sure a wizard didn't spot it.

The page is inside a thing which is inside another thing. You won't see a page lying around anywhere. Look for places to hide things instead.
I think I know where it is (I've had an idea), but the how to get it out of its hiding place is stumping me. I can't use the knife or spoon, and the game won't let me use the hand icon to reach in and get it. Hmmm... Does anyone have a hint?

Also, while we're on the subject of Medusa, I like the music for her home. I also feel kind of sorry for her (I remember her origins in the Greek myths.), and would like to reach out to her, but all I've been able to do is ask who she is, and she responds, "Your doom.". Otherwise, all you need do is use the mirror on her. Does anyone have a hint in regards to "reaching out" to her? Please?

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#10 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:58 am

Buoyancy...

Don't be afraid to see her for who she is.

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Nightfall1121 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:13 am

navynuke04 wrote:Buoyancy...

So, instead of casting a storm spell, perhaps multiple trips to gather sea water in a cup?

If I walk towards Smaude, I'll die, naturally, so I wonder, can you give something to her? I'd go for flowers, but obviously this game doesn't require them. The fish?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#12 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:36 am

Nightfall1121 wrote:If I walk towards Smaude, I'll die, naturally,...
Have you tried?

Gentlegamer
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Gentlegamer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 am

I thought getting the fishing pole from the sleeping angler would have made more "sense" in context.

After trying the storm spell, I tried an alternate means of supplying buoyancy that just made me shake my head when it worked.

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

#14 Post by Nightfall1121 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:58 am

Gentlegamer wrote:

I thought getting the fishing pole from the sleeping angler would have made more "sense" in context.

After trying the storm spell, I tried an alternate means of supplying buoyancy that just made me shake my head when it worked.

Ah yes, what you received from the "poet" turned "minstrel" (he'll be showing up in KQ4). Oh by the way, yes, I have tried walking towards Smaude. Death. Or, if you just stand there, she reveals herself and again, death.

shawn.ee
Peasant Status

#15 Post by shawn.ee » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:34 am

Nightfall1121 wrote: I think I know where it is (I've had an idea), but the how to get it out of its hiding place is stumping me. I can't use the knife or spoon, and the game won't let me use the hand icon to reach in and get it. Hmmm... Does anyone have a hint?

Well a tin cup of sea water certainly doesn't work either :\ It just flows out the bottom before I can get back with more!

There is another item that I can't quite convince the barmaid to let me have. Is there a trigger to change the dialog I'm missing? I tried buying it, but she just thinks I want ale.

As much as I like the point and click.. there was just something magically realistic with the original parser system. Gives you very specific directions for the program that you just can't get here. I really liked the combo dialog system implemented in AGD's QFGII remake. Back in the late 80's.. I learned to spell words like 'mirror' and 'chicken' playing KQIII :lol

Yendor
Peasant Status

#16 Post by Yendor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 am

shawn.ee wrote:There is another item that I can't quite convince the barmaid to let me have. Is there a trigger to change the dialog I'm missing? I tried buying it, but she just thinks I want ale.
The key word here is play, not pay. ;) Rosella seems to have got most of the family's musical talent, so Alex is going to need some help on this one.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#17 Post by Erpy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:27 am

Oh by the way, yes, I have tried walking towards Smaude. Death.
Try again. You only have a limited time before she walks towards you and gives you the stare.

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

#18 Post by Nightfall1121 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Erpy wrote:
Oh by the way, yes, I have tried walking towards Smaude. Death.
Try again. You only have a limited time before she walks towards you and gives you the stare.

Ah! Go figure. By the way, thinking of the lyrics to Alexander's lute song, I thought about trying to play for Smaude (like Graham plays the harp for Queen Icebella in KQV), but it said "keep it to yourself", and he'd only tune it if you click the lute on yourself. Then again, maybe you just have to get closer.

Oh, and before I forget, I got the bottle. 'Loved the Cat Transformation cut scene.