Thanks for the great game.

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Arseny
Peasant Status

Thanks for the great game.

#1 Post by Arseny » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:11 pm

What the subject line says. ;)

I never got far in original KQ3 (the beginning was so confusing, and I kept dying), so now it’s whole new world for me. The game is very good – graphics is a joy to look at, the writing is solid, puzzles are challenging without being too frustrating, etc. It’s slightly annoying to take notes for some of the puzzles, but that’s a minor gripe.

But I also would like to offer a couple of points of constructive criticism.

An autosave feature, saving the game when timer turns yellow and when you approach the lab table would be a godsend.

The levers in the library and way north from the village square could have been more visible. I’ve discovered levers in the library purely by accident when clicking on the shelf, and library sort of breaks conventional Sierra “grid map” location, making it easy to miss.

Also having to mix magical spells inside the multi-pages inventory is annoying, and combined with high lethality of spellmaking, it’s an outright pain. It would be much more fun if Alexander just put ingredient on the table and mixed them on main screen.

Thanks again for the great game.

quest
Peasant Status

Re: Thanks for the great game.

#2 Post by quest » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Arseny wrote:It would be much more fun if Alexander just put ingredient on the table and mixed them on main screen.
I agree. Like in KQ2+.