Wow......that was fun

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Psygnosis
Peasant Status

Wow......that was fun

#1 Post by Psygnosis » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:03 pm

Hey...I finally completed KQ1VGA and I can't wait for the next ones. Sure I had much help from walkthrus and maps, but it was the only way to familiarise myself with the game....I just wanna know what gets you ore points...I was about 10 or so points down from the max score and the only thing that i didn't do (to my knowledge) was climb the beanstalk (neither Rumplestilkin, the reverse of that or 'Ifnkovhgroghprm' worked when asking the gnome his name...)...i didn't kill the giant/dragon, give any treasures to the trolls was caught be the Ogre, Soceror, Dwarf, Witch or Wolf. I played the fiddle for the leprachauns...does that make a huge difference??<br><br>I will play again!!! If only my KQ% CD worked on this machine :/ <p></p><i></i>

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Re: Wow......that was fun

#2 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:44 pm

Ahhh, yes. IFNKOVHGROGHPRM... That was his name in the CGA version. The EGA version made it more simple, in a sense. You need to spell his name backwards, and that's it. You don't need to do any tricky letter association like that. Just spell it backwards. Lessee...the other things that weren't necessary but still gave you points... Did you get the ring from the elf? Probably since you both climbed the stairs in the mountain and got the chest without killing the giant.<br><br>Did you get ALL of the treasures: the egg, the pouch, and the walnut? In addition, you get points for opening up the pouch and the walnut.<br><br>Other than that, it doesn't seem as if you've missed anything. Maybe Erpy's walkthrough could tell you?<br><br>~Wolfgang <p></p><i></i>

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

Re: Wow......that was fun

#3 Post by Renodox » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:01 pm

You get more points for climbing the Beanstalk. You also get more points if you go down through the cave to get out of cloud land. Those are the only two things I could think of. <p></p><i></i>

adeyke

Hmmm...

#4 Post by adeyke » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:26 pm

Niktslitselpmur always worked for me; make sure you don't have a typo.<br><br>Two other easily-missed optional things are reading the note and killing the witch. <p></p><i></i>

El Ravager
Knight Status

Re: Hmmm...

#5 Post by El Ravager » Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:11 am

How do you kill the witch? <p>~El Ravager~</p><i></i>

adeyke

Well...

#6 Post by adeyke » Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:22 am

She's a witch living in a gingerbread house. That story gives a hint...<br><br>SPOILER<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Wait in the house until she comes. Then carefully sneak up behind her and push her into the cauldron. <p></p><i></i>

Paladinlover
Knight Status

Re: Points

#7 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:24 pm

I did't know that you get points out of eating her house. I thought it was just a gag from Hanzel and Gretel.<br><br>But anyways, KQ1VGA was really cool, it was DEFINATELY better than the old CGA or even the EGA one.<br><br>Till next time stay cool <p></p><i></i>