Some bugs...

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Right.

#26 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:15 am

Then again, not many of the puzzles in KQ1 or KQ2 are very logical. It seems as if in the early 80's, they just strung a bunch of random puzzles together and made them into a game. Then they wrote a storyline to tie everything together, AFTERWARDS. <br><br>Roberta Williams herself said that this was partly the reason, because back then computers didn't have the memory required to make big games with decent storylines, and that's why there wasn't one until KQ3. <p></p><i></i>

adeyke

Agreed.

#27 Post by adeyke » Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:26 pm

KQ1 isn't <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><i> that</i><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> illogical, but KQ2 has the infamous "throw the bridle on the snake so it becomes a flying horse that gives you a magic sugar cube" puzzle. I think (and hope) that there aren't any less logical puzzles than that.<br><br>BTW, I just found two minor bugs in Edward's intro text.<br><br>The word "foretells" is misspelled as "fortells".<br><br>A comma is missing before the "stolen years ago". <p></p><i></i>

sweetP
Peasant Status

huh

#28 Post by sweetP » Wed Aug 15, 2001 2:09 am

I always filled the bowl with water in the other games. i guess i saw it as a command to fill it rather than a magic word...oh well, as you can see, i'm not the smartest person on earth. <p></p><i></i>

Kurbon
Peasant Status

One additional bug

#29 Post by Kurbon » Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:06 am

Hey AGCs 1 & 2,<br><br>Well, just played through your remake. Excellent job! I'm very much looking forward to the voice pack and the next release. (subliminal message) Do KQ3 next, do KQ3 next, do KQ3 next, do KQ3 next... (/subliminal message) *innocent face*<br><br>Anyway, almost every single bug I found, Adeyke already mentioned except for one: the aura Graham gets after the fairy godmother casts her spell upon him is only a vertical rectangular shape, so if Sir Graham is swimming or kneeling or in any shape other than the one the aura is, the aura remains as it is while Graham changes. This is especially noticable in the well, while he's swimming, and really starts to get on one's nerves after a little bit.<br><br>Congratulations on an excellent remake, and I'm looking forward to Royal Quest as well!<br><br>-Kurbon<br> <p></p><i></i>