a darker KQ1?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Relight
Archival Expert

a darker KQ1?

#1 Post by Relight » Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:01 am

anyone else read the king's quest collection manual? (the first one, including 1-6) with a bit of background fiction of each quest, daventry in KQ1 may very well have been war-torn and poverty-stricken.<br><br>by golly i wish i had those KQ and SQ companion guides with all the neato stuff in them. and more of the original game releases. <p></p><i></i>

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: a darker KQ1?

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:12 am

Yeah, those are really good. I have the QFG one (The QFG authorized strategy guide) and the King's Quest companion (couldn't have remade KQ1 without it!) They're really comprehensive, but the QFG one leaves some stuff out. Still great to have though! <p></p><i></i>

Relight
Archival Expert

Re: a darker KQ1?

#3 Post by Relight » Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:35 pm

there's currently some up on ebay so i'm going to try to score myself the newest edition. <p></p><i></i>

BigBadMojo
Peasant Status

Shadrak

#4 Post by BigBadMojo » Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:28 am

I alway's like to think Shadrak(Master of the Black Cloak Society) was behind the problems Daventry had, and were alway out to get the royal family killed.<br><br>Known Members<br>Ex: Manannan,Mordak,Alhasred,Shadrak...<br><br>Maybe ALL the major bad-guys in KQ were members?<br><br>Not all of them were wizards, evil, powerful, and smart was enough to get you in.<br><br>what do you think? <p></p><i></i>

YODAM
Peasant Status

Re: Shadrak

#5 Post by YODAM » Thu Mar 14, 2002 5:48 am

IFAIK<br>in the <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.sierraplanet.com/kingsquest1 ... tml">Kings Quest 1</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> section has some info and also i think the <br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.sierraplanet.com/curiosities ... tml">Kings Quest 1 Curriositys</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> section may have stuff as well.<br> <p></p><i></i>