Just finished the game....

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Master Toddy
Peasant Status

Just finished the game....

#1 Post by Master Toddy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:20 am

Well, I just finished the game. My thoughts: AWSOME! I loved every second of it, from the intro to the ending, I was sucked in and couldn't stop until I beat it. I love the redone story, and the fact there's an ending that's as satisfying as the beginning (which is rare in most games - I hate playing through a game and getting a crappy ending cutscene, it's like I played through it all for nothing).

I also loved all the little easter eggs. I haven't tried them all out yet, I'll have to play through it again and discover the others. I especially enjoyed reading the book titles in the library in Kolyma (some of my favorites were "How not to turn a book into a film: see Dune," "How to feed a carnivorous plant," and the one about the brady bunch causing phsycological problems - was that a nod to the X-Files episode?). Being a Star Trek fan I also enjoyed the little captains log egg :). And of course, there's the classic bat mobile.

My only main complaint is that the cursor seems to be incredibly sensitive. I found this problem in KQ1 as well, I had to click all over an object before I could find a good position where it'd let me pick it up. Especially if it were a small object. But that's my only complaint. No problems otherwise (well, I think it crashed once but I can't remember where and it only happened once).

The thing that sucked me in the most was the story, how much better and more engaging it was than in the previous game. IMHO, the updated story can easily be put right next to games like Final Fantasy 7 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. It'd be cool if somebody did a sequel of the game (like a KQ 9 or something) that explained the future sequence we see Daventry under attack (it reminded me a bit of the sequence from the Babylon 5 episode War Without End, Part 2, where Sheridan is thrown into the future and sees an aged Londo Mollari as emperor and Centauri Prime in flames). I really enjoyed that part, especially the part that's even further in the future, a nice reference to Mask of Eternity.

I've been a KQ fan for longer than I can remember. KQ4 was one of the first games I played (I hope someone remakes it), and discovering both the KQ1 remake and the KQ2 remake was a real treat for me. I've played through KQ 1-6 multiple times, and 7 and 8 a few times as well. It'd been a while since I've played through KQ (last time I played was when Mask of Eternity first game out), I'd almost forgotten how good they were. Playing through KQ2 is probably one of the best game expereinces I've had in the past year, next to playing through Knights of the Old Republic and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (still playing that actually, probably never gonna beat it). I hope Lucasarts discovers this and realizes that there is still a market for adventure games and reinstates development on Sam and Max Freelance Police, I was really dissapointed when they canceled it. Thanks guys, for making such a great game and allowing me to recapture my past :).

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#2 Post by Spikey » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:51 pm

My only main complaint is that the cursor seems to be incredibly sensitive
It's not, if you look close, you can see a small dot on EVERY cursor. You have to click that dot on the target, and it works fine.

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#3 Post by Charlemagne » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:04 pm

It'd be cool if somebody did a sequel of the game (like a KQ 9 or something)
http://www.kq9.org

Master Toddy
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Master Toddy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:51 pm

I tried that link but it said network problem?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Just finished the game....

#5 Post by Brainiac » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:53 pm

Master Toddy wrote:It'd be cool if somebody did a sequel of the game (like a KQ 9 or something) that explained the future sequence we see Daventry under attack (it reminded me a bit of the sequence from the Babylon 5 episode War Without End, Part 2, where Sheridan is thrown into the future and sees an aged Londo Mollari as emperor and Centauri Prime in flames). I really enjoyed that part, especially the part that's even further in the future, a nice reference to Mask of Eternity.
If you're referring to the scene when The Father confronts Graham as part of the Second Trial of Air, I think all that fire and destruction was the result of the ravages of the three-headed dragon. Considering that part of the game is set right before Alexander's return, it makes sense.

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#6 Post by Charlemagne » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:47 pm

I tried that link but it said network problem?
According to Kurdt, the problem is being taken care of. Just give it a little while.

Master Toddy
Peasant Status

Re: Just finished the game....

#7 Post by Master Toddy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:36 pm

Brainiac wrote: If you're referring to the scene when The Father confronts Graham as part of the Second Trial of Air, I think all that fire and destruction was the result of the ravages of the three-headed dragon. Considering that part of the game is set right before Alexander's return, it makes sense.
Right....it's been a long time since I played KQ3. KQ3 is the game that I remember the least for some reason, KQ3 and MoE. The rest are pretty fresh in my mind, though.

Sparkie73
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Sparkie73 » Mon May 03, 2004 2:11 pm

I finished game but only got 175. I guess I missed stuff. One thing how do go up from a peasant?

Snarky
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by Snarky » Mon May 03, 2004 2:50 pm

Just keep posting. Your status depends on your post count.

Sparkie73
Peasant Status

Ways to get a Higher score

#10 Post by Sparkie73 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:51 pm

Any ideas on what I may have missed. um, maybe I guessed the wrong things to get the Air Gem? :)

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#11 Post by Khaveen » Mon May 03, 2004 5:14 pm

There's a complete pointlist on AGDI site. Did you use youth potion to deal with Hagatha?

Snarky
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by Snarky » Tue May 04, 2004 7:21 pm

I recently played through the game again using the walkthrough, and I ended up 5 points shy of the max score. I skipped the puzzle and arcade sequences in the Sharkee kingdom, and chose "The Madness of King Graham". Could that be the reason?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#13 Post by Erpy » Tue May 04, 2004 7:24 pm

That should be 3 points in total you'd lose.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#14 Post by Spikey » Tue May 04, 2004 9:22 pm

HEy Snarks, I also have the same problem in figuring out what exactly went wrong in my last game. Sigh. I'll just have to start over again.

Sparkie73
Peasant Status

finished

#15 Post by Sparkie73 » Fri May 14, 2004 2:13 am

Just finished the game for the fourth time but was 5 points from the highest score and I did not skip anything. I used the points list but who. knows it's a awesome game. The digital music pack was worth the wait[/quote]

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by MacGyver » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:52 pm

Man.....I've just finished playing KQ2 remake after keeping it for over a year in my HD. Not a KQ fan here, but I'm playing it thanks to Tierra's efforts in making it VGA. Love them nice graphics.

I'm using the walkthru to finish up the game. Was really a tough one. Doubt I could finish it without a walkthru. Heh.

As I recalled that Tierra made some modifications to the storyline to make more sense, I searched for the original KQ2's solution. Seems like a whole lot of things were added in.

Looking forward for QFG2 VGA's release. Yeh, I'm a fan of Quest For Glory and Leisure Suit Larry.

Thanks for all your efforts, Tierra/AGD Interactive.