Saving Files with KQ5?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Def Zeppelin
Royal Servant Status

Saving Files with KQ5?

#1 Post by Def Zeppelin » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:15 pm

I recently received KQ5 from when I bought it on eBay.  I used dosbox and it works great.  I even ripped the cd and put all the files onto my computer, so I don't have to keep using the CD.  But my problem is saving the games.  It won't let me change the directory in the game.  Someone told me you got to change the directory using dosbox, but they never responded on how to do that exactly :\ What would I have to do to do that?

The files to the game is located at c:/games/kingsquest5cd.  Plus don't forget im not longer using the cd, i'm storing it into the bowels of the earth.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Re: Saving Files with KQ5?

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:12 pm

Def Zeppelin wrote:Someone told me you got to change the directory using dosbox, but they never responded on how to do that exactly :\ What would I have to do to do that?
Yea, that would of been me lol

I assume you do have to mount a directory in Dosbox to save your games when using DosBox but I've only used it a couple times myself so I dont know how its done.

Best place to find out would be the Dosbox website/forum.